What you will learn:
- How the horse’s musculoskeletal system works in motion. It’s complicated, but it’s not. The learning process is painless, I promise. When you learn what is really happening, it makes everything easier. I have taught this to learners of all ages with success.
- How to feel what is happening with the horse’s back: transverse rotations, bending, “lift” of the trunk and flexion of the back, verticalization of dorsal processes (it feels like “rounding” of the back when the neck is low - it's not good), overloading of the forehand, etc…. I will give you an explanation of what you feel and tune you in to feel what you don't yet feel.
- How to properly coordinate the exercises that will help your horse. Improperly coordinated movements are not helpful and can be harmful. If you are here, chances are your horse can’t afford harmful movements. In fact no horse really can, it’s what breaks them down prematurely.
- How to identify abnormal kinematics that lead to pathology.
What your horse will learn:
- How to coordinate back for healthy limb kinematics.
- How to store and re-use elastic energy to create efficiency and ease.
- To trust you as a partner - it's a natural consequence of comfort and ease.
- Athleticism that has been blocked by inefficient use of the body.